At Orange Sport Supply, we are a team of like-minded individuals who share a passion for bikes and the outdoors. We come from various backgrounds but work side-by-side to offer an exceptional experience to our dealers day in and day out. We enjoy working as a team to bring some of the finest service and products to independent bicycle dealers all across Canada.
If you are passionate, hard-working and motivated we want to hear from you!
You can work in any of the following areas:
- Sales and Customer Service
- Shipping and Receiving/Warehouse
- Administration and Accounting (Payable and Receivable)
- Purchasing/Brand Management
- Information Technology
- Warranty and Repairs
Why work at Orange Sport Supply?
- Location, location, location! We are situated at the base of the famous North Shore mountains. A great bike ride is only minutes away!
- We have a fun, laid-back atmosphere
- Opportunities to learn and grow within the company exist
- Be part of a fast growing business in the bicycle industry
- Great deals on nice bike parts
Sales Manager – Posted October 25, 2019
Orange Sport Supply Inc. is a dynamic, well-respected, growing bicycle parts and accessories distributor. We are based in North Vancouver and service bike retailers across Canada.
We offer a flexible workplace and the chance to be part of a team that shares a love of the outdoors and enjoys an active lifestyle.
This is a key, full-time position responsible for maintaining our excellent customer relationships while recognizing every opportunity to drive sales. We are looking to fill the role with a highly skilled and self-motivated individual with superb communication skills who can integrate into our excellent, existing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth, efficient, profitable day to day operation of the sales floor and warehouse at Orange Sport Supply. They will be the key point of contact in sales for all other departments
The successful candidate will report to the President. They will directly manage daily sales functions including the Inside Sales Team and the Warehouse Team. They will liaise with other departments including purchasing, accounting, and warranty. Regular contact will be maintained to ensure coordination and communication between departments. We have a Purchasing Manager and an Accounting Manager who directly support and manage their teams.
The Sales Manager will work closely with and manage inside sales and warehouse staff coordinating operations between sales and the warehouse.
- Supervise, direct, and motivate every day
- Ongoing judgement decisions as to the best recourse for the best interests of Orange Sport Supply
- Develop systems and procedures
Specific to Inside sales team
- Work with the sales team to maximize sales
- Develop and implement sales goals and targets for the sales team along with evaluating the results
- Develop specific targets and strategies during booking periods and work closely with sales to ensure plans are executed and goals are met
Specific to the Warehouse Team
- Ensure shipping and receiving accuracy is met
- Ensure the most efficient allocation of resources
The Sales Manager will liaise closely with all departments and be the de-facto point of contact for all departments for any issues as they relate to sales.
- The day to day operations of the sales floor requires a key person to be a point person for all departments.
- They will provide and take feedback from both accounting and purchasing as it relates to sales and will make judgement calls if action is needed
- Other departments will regularly have requests of sales, feedback for sales, and feedback on sales. Communication will go through the Sales Manager who will have the authority to make decisions as it relates to the best interests of Orange Sport Supply Inc.
- The Sales Manager will be fully trained in sales so they can understand how the day to day operations are run and participate as an active team member. They will work closely with the President to learn the expectations, of this position and how it importantly ties all departments together.
- exceptional leader, team player and communicator
- must have previous bike industry experience at a supervisory/management level
- very strong background in sales and sales management
- highly skilled in maximizing sales and profit while keeping customer relations at an extremely high level
- familiar with business practices, analyzing accounting and financial data and generating reports
To be mutually agreed upon
Negotiated and commensurate with experience
If you feel you have the qualifications and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you. All applications will be kept in strictest confidence. Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.